Sustainability was key criteria for the judges this year
The third day of Interclean Amsterdam Online, our first-ever 100% virtual event, started with the announcement of the winner of the Amsterdam Innovation Award. The overall winner – out of a total of 86 entries – of the Amsterdam Innovation Award 2020 is: Leobot by Lionsbot.
LeoBot by LionsBot, a family of floor cleaning robots, is capable of performing a range of tasks. This socialised robot is able to build a relationship with human cleaners through continuous interaction with the environment. This way, Leobot elevates the cleaner’s status and motivation helping them take pride in their job. The robot brings cleaning out into the public domain in a fun and positive way.
Leobot was chosen as winner out of the category winners in four categories of the Amsterdam Innovation Award 2020:
• Category Machines: LeoBot by LionsBot
• Category Equipment, Detergents & Washroom: VacuTronic by Hermes
• Category E-cleaning: ToolSense IOT & ToolSense NOW by ToolSense
• Category Related Products/Services: TORK Virtual Reality Clean Hands Training by Essity Tork Virtual Reality Clean Hands Training by Essity wins the Visitor’s Choice Award
• The visitor’s choice prize is awarded to the nominee that is voted as the most innovative by Interclean Amsterdam visitors. With 55 percent of the votes, Tork Virtual Reality Clean Hands Training by Essity is the winner of the Visitor’s Choice Award 2020.
Sustainability was key criteria for the judges this year, al the awarded products and solutions demonstrated their ability to drive the circular economy or reduce resource consumption. The drive for efficiency and productivity was another major point for the jury, the winning products and solutions are designed to reduce the time spent on tasks and free up resources to be used for the improvement of cleaning quality.