UK’s largest cleaning and hygiene show set to take place 14-15 October 2020 at Event City, Manchester
The British Cleaning Council and Quartz Business Media, organisers of the The Manchester Cleaning Show, said they were disappointed to postpone the Cleaning Show precisely at the moment when the UK’s cleaning industry was being pushed to the forefront of a national crisis.
Following the recent relaxation of lockdown measures in the UK, the Events Industry Alliance is lobbying the UK government heavily to give us a ‘go date’ for when B2B events can re-start. So following much discussion with the British Cleaning Council and our partners, we now feel that it is in the best interests of all to reschedule the Manchester Cleaning Show until 14 – 15 October 2020.
The organising team is working closely with Event City and suppliers to ensure that the Manchester Cleaning Show is a COVID-SAFE event and is confident to provide a safe and secure environment for visitors, exhibitors and staff.
During the Manchester Cleaning Show, the cleaning industry has a real opportunity to shout about the critical role it has played in the fight against COVID-19, and to demonstrate how industry as a whole can safely get back to business.
Measures we are ready to take if needed include:
- Scheduled entry times for exhibitors to set up their stand
- Hand sanitizer stations throughout the exhibition
- Registration floor stickers to maintain social distancing
- One-way route for visitors to work their way around the exhibition
- A supply of face masks (dependent on official guidance at the time)
- No need for business cards – exhibitors will be able to scan visitor badges via a mobile app
- E-badges to be printed at home and self check-in at registration
- The use of an event app to connect exhibitors with an online audience unable to travel to Manchester
Paul Thrupp, Chairman, British Cleaning Council said: “The Manchester Cleaning Show will be an important place to be this October. Through challenging times, the cleaning industry has been resilient and innovative. We have much to discuss, much to share, and much to showcase. And we must say thank you to those suppliers and cleaning operatives who have played a critical role in keeping our communities safe. Only through a physical show will this be possible. It’s time for the cleaning industry to come together and demonstrate that through effective cleaning and hygiene practices, the business community can get back to business”.
All existing bookings, content, and visitor registrations remain in place and will be transferred automatically to the new dates. The show-organisers will be in touch with exhibitors, visitors, partners and suppliers over the coming days to ensure there is a smooth transition.